The online application process via the HISinOne APP portal for the winter semester 2023/2024 will take place from March 30 to April 19, 2023.
After the application deadline (April 19, 2023, 11:59 p.m.), the application portal will be closed automatically. Click here to go directly to your personal, digital application portal.
Applications are always possible for the winter semester in the undergraduate degree programmes as well as for continuing education studies at the Kunstakademie Karlsruhe. As an art academy, the Academy does not have a numerus clausus (NC) or a lottery procedure for the allocation of study places. Instead, the artistic selection process has absolute priority.
There are several student admission procedures at the Kunstakademie Karlsruhe:
- Beginning your studies: you want to begin studies in the Fine Arts or bachelor's degree Fine Art educators programmes
- You want to apply internally for the partial study programme Intermediales Gestalten(IMG) starting in the third semester.
- You have completed or will soon complete your bachelor's degree Fine Art Eductors programme at the Kunstakademie Karlsruhe or another art academy and would like to apply for a master' s degree program.
- You are a foreign student interested in studying at the Kunstakademie Karlsruhe.
- You are already studying at Kunstakademie Karlsruhe and would like to change your course of study or your field of study.
- You are already studying an artistic degree programme at another university and would like to change to the Kunstakademie Karlsruhe.
- You have completed or are about to complete the Fine Arts diploma programme and would like to continue your studies as a masterclass student.
- You have completed your art studies at another (also international) university or have an equivalent qualification and would like to take up contact studies at the Kunstakademie Karlsruhe.
The guest student programme is excluded from the general application procedure via APP. In this case, the path leads directly to the Student Services via a professor's suggestion. Ukrainian art students with refugee status can currently apply for a free guest auditor course for two semesters. Afterwards, they have the opportunity to apply for a regular course of study at the Kunstakademie Karlsruhe.
The same applies to planned doctoral projects. Since the application is made outside the digital application portal, it is necessary to directly contact a supervisor who is a suitable candidate for the topic of your doctorate.