Tablist help: use the tablist controls to toggle the visibility of their respective panels (below the controls).
Image 1 (panel)
Image 2 (panel)
Image 3 (panel)
Image 4 (panel)
The library is currently open only to staff and students of the Akademie, because of the covid-19 restrictions. We are offering a book request system, as well as times when books may be returned.
To place an order for books, send an e-mail to the library with your name, matriculation number and the list of books with their shelfmarks, because it is much faster for us to find them. If there is no shelfmark on the catalogue, send the book's title:
- Search the library OPAC at http://www.kunstakademie-karlsruhe.de/akademie/bibliothek/recherche/.
- You can request up to 10 items at a time, use E-Mail only. Depending on when you send your request, you may have to wait until the next day to collect the requests.
- Books with a shelfmark beginning LS are not for loan.
- As soon as we have collected your requests together, we will send you an e-mail saying their are ready for collection at the library desk.
- If you need only an article or chapter from an item, please tell us and we will scan it for you.
- On the wall outside the library is a step-by-step instruction of how to return your books. The boxes in which to put your book returns are only there during the book return periods. If there are no boxes, it is not time to return books.
- Please do not leave books in the letter box or with a colleague.
- All book returns must be quarantined for 72 hours before they are removed from your librara account. You will still receive reminders during this period.
- Please renew your books online through the catalogue.
- If you cannot renew them anymore, please bring them back. Your library account will be blocked if you have overdue books.
- We advise you wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after a visit to the library.
- In the administration building, it is essential you wear nose and mouth covering.
- Maintain at least 1.5 metres between other people.
- Anyone with symptoms of covid-19 virus, or if you are in a high risk group, you must not visit the Akademie.
- Natalia Wirtz